University of Arizona assistant professor in biological anthropology
Position Title: Assistant Professor, Anthropology
Job Number: 53656
Department: School of Anthropology
College: Social & Behavioral Sciences
Job Open Date: 10/09/2013
Job Close Date: 12/01/2013
Review Begins: 11/15/2013
Benefits Eligible: Yes
The School is seeking an individual who is able to work with diverse students and colleagues, and who has experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, the University of Arizona recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Requested Documents (submitted via Career Tracks)
• Cover letter (including discussion of research and teaching interests)
• Curriculum Vita
• Up to three examples of publications
• Names and contact information of three references
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain an active teaching and research career.
• Mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
• Teach four courses (undergraduate and graduate levels) per year.
• Ph.D. in Anthropology, or related field, in hand by August 1, 2014.
• A strong record of research.
• Prior publication.
• Prior teaching experience.
• Evidence of success in generating external funding is desirable; or, evidence of fundable research.
• A strong record of publications.
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness and a commitment to mentoring students.
Department Web: http://anthropology.arizona.edu/
Apply at: http://www.UACareers.com/53656
Send questions to: BioAnthUA@gmail.com