Post-doctoral position in human ancient DNA AND/OR morphometrics/quantitative analysis of skeletal series
The research will involve Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), ancient DNA (aDNA) analysis of ancient human remains from the Caucasus, Europe and Africa, AND/OR morphometric analysis of Neolithic and post-Neolithic skeletal series. The work will also involve collaboration with leading geneticists (Trinity College Dublin), anthropologists from across Europe, and simulation specialists, engaged in building an interdisciplinary view of the major events in Eurasian prehistory. Candidates will gain experience in NGS aDNA, and/or a broad range of morphometric and genetic quantitative methods.
- PhD in a relevant subject (genetics, physical anthropology, molecular biology)
- An understanding of the operational requirements for a successful research project
- Evidence of research activity (publications, conference presentations, awards) and future scholarly output (working papers, research proposals, and ability to outline a research project) appropriate for career stage.
- Excellent Organisational and Administrative skills including a proven ability to work to deadlines
- Experience and background in aDNA analysis, NGS and bioinformatics
- Experience and background in Morphometrics and/or quantitative analysis of skeletal series
- Background in physical anthropology
Full information on the ERC project: https://sites.google.com/site/pinhasierc/
Apply here by November 7, 11:30 pm:
Informal queries should be directed to Ron Pinhasi: firstname.lastname@example.org