The Leakey Foundation
Reports to: Communications Manager
Schedule: 2 or 3 days/ weeks with some nights and weekends
Location: San Francisco, California (Presidio)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least two (2) years of program planning related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve quickly, trouble-shoot, and work under pressure
- Self motivated and able to work without supervision
- Able to relate to diverse groups of people
- Able to work some evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel
- Plan, coordinate, implement public outreach events which include:
o Speaker Series Lectures (between 6-10 per year)
o School Outreach Visits (between 6-12 per year)
o Annual Symposia (one per year)
o And may include additional lectures, symposia, committee meetings, etc
- Provide outreach content for programs, promotional collateral, website, social media, etc.
- Primary outreach liaison with partners (museums, universities, high schools) for programs and partnership opportunities
- Manage contracts with partners and speakers
- Assist Executive Director with fundraising and donor events
BOARD RELATIONS 10%
- Plan and coordinate all board meetings, receptions, retreats, and logistics of granting sessions
- Prepare and distribute all written materials for board meetings including executive committee packet, board book
- Coordinate the board book assembly (3 times per year)
Perform some administrative duties including but not limited to
o Participate in weekly staff meetings
o Produce donor correspondence
o Answer telephone
Application Instructions: Please submit your cover letter and resume online to The Leakey Foundation’s Executive Director, Sharal Camisa: Sharal@leakeyfoundation.org
Please, no phone calls. You will receive confirmation of your email and you will be contacted via email or phone if selected for an interview.
The hiring for this position will take place by August 31, 2014 with employment to begin September 1, 2014.
The Leakey Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.