The portal for submission of invited poster and podium symposium proposals is now open and can be accessed here. Deadline for submissions is August 15, 2018 (11:59pm PDT).
The 2019 AAPA meetings (March 27-30, 2019) will be held in Cleveland, Ohio, where you can browse modern art inside a turn-of-the-century transformer station, visit the rock-and-roll hall of fame, and wander through Playhouse square, the largest performing arts center in the United States outside of New York. The main conference hotel, the Hilton Cleveland Downtown, is located in the heart of Cleveland’s vibrant downtown area and is directly connected to the Huntington Convention Center, the 2019 meeting venue. Come and join us for great anthropology, experience the numerous micro-breweries, and enjoy the Cleveland experience where "grit meetings sophistication!" We also welcome our sister organizations who will be meeting with us in Cleveland: the Human Biology Association (HBA), the Paleopathology Association (PPA), the American Association of Anthropological Genetics (AAAG), and the Dental Anthropology Association (DAA).
- Dates: March 27-30, 2019
- Scientific Program Chair: Steve Leigh
- Hosted by: Denise Su and Yohannes Haile-Selassie
- Meeting location: Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland (300 Lakeside Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44113)
- Meeting hotel: Hilton Cleveland Downtown (100 Lakeside Ave East, Cleveland, OH44114) Information for making your room reservations at the AAPA discount rates will be available here.
- Local arrangements including getting to Cleveland, city maps, things to do, and places to eat, etc.
- Childcare will be FREE at the meetings, but registration is still required.
Call for Submissions 2019
August 15, 2018 deadline
October 15, 2018 deadline
November 15, 2018 deadline
- Proposals for Workshops, Discussion Sessions, or Training Events
- Volunteering to help with the Education Committee Teacher Training Workshop
- Applications for the Committee on Diversity IDEAS Workshop for Students
- Applications for the Ethics Committee Fellows Program
Other Important Deadlines
January 1, 2019
- Applications for Pollitzer Student Travel Awards
January 15, 2019
February 1, 2019
- Applications for participation in the Committee on Diversity Undergraduate Research Symposium
February 15, 2019
- Applications for the Student Presentation Awards
- Applications for Student Volunteers to help at the meetings (and have their registration fees waived!)
March 15, 2019
- Pre-registration for meeting workshops
Our sister organizations are also meeting in Cleveland!
Human Biology Association (HBA)
Paleopathology Association (PPA)
American Association of Anthropological Genetics (AAAG)
Dental Anthropology Association (DAA)
Our meeting sponsors