The deadline for Meeting Registration at the pre-registration rate is: February 27, 2019. Register here.
Students - Volunteer here to help make the Cleveland meetings a success - and have you meeting registration fee waived!
The Workshop Submission portal is now open. The deadline for Workshop proposals in November 15, 2018 (11:59pm PDT). Submit your proposals here.
You can make your hotel reservation at the reduced AAPA rate here.
The 2019 AAPA meetings (March 27-30, 2019) will be held in Cleveland, Ohio, where you can browse modern art inside a turn-of-the-century transformer station, visit the rock-and-roll hall of fame, and wander through Playhouse square, the largest performing arts center in the United States outside of New York. The main conference hotel, the Hilton Cleveland Downtown, is located in the heart of Cleveland’s vibrant downtown area and is directly connected to the Huntington Convention Center, the 2019 meeting venue. Come and join us for great anthropology, experience the numerous micro-breweries, and enjoy the Cleveland experience where "grit meetings sophistication!" We also welcome our sister organizations who will be meeting with us in Cleveland: the Human Biology Association (HBA), the Paleopathology Association (PPA), the American Association of Anthropological Genetics (AAAG), and the Dental Anthropology Association (DAA).
- Dates: March 27-30, 2019
- Scientific Program Chair: Steve Leigh
- Hosted by: Denise Su and Yohannes Haile-Selassie
- Meeting location: Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland (300 Lakeside Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44113)
- Meeting hotel: Hilton Cleveland Downtown (100 Lakeside Ave East, Cleveland, OH44114). Information for making your room reservations at the AAPA discount rates is available here.
- Local arrangements including getting to Cleveland, city maps, things to do, and places to eat, etc.
- Childcare will be FREE at the meetings, but registration is still required.
Call for Submissions 2019
August 15, 2018 (the deadline has now passed)
October 15, 2018 deadline
November 15, 2018 deadline
Other Important Deadlines
January 1, 2019
January 15, 2019
February 1, 2019
- Applications for participation in the Committee on Diversity Undergraduate Research Symposium
February 15, 2019
- Applications for the Student Presentation Awards
- Applications for Student Volunteers to help at the meetings (and have their registration fees waived!)
March 15, 2019
- Pre-registration for meeting workshops
Our sister organizations are also meeting in Cleveland!
Human Biology Association (HBA)
Paleopathology Association (PPA)
American Association of Anthropological Genetics (AAAG)
Dental Anthropology Association (DAA)
Our meeting sponsors